Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Calling All Coffee Snobs

Let's talk for a minute. Over a cup of coffee....shall we?
This. This question.  These words.  I cannot even begin to count the times they have been on my lips.

I. LOVE. COFFEE.

Plain and simple.  Wait, let's not get all crazy and confused. I do not love plain and simple coffee. I am, for better or for worse, a coffee snob. 
There, I said it.  It's true.
I like a good, smooth, dark roast brew. I like it brewed strong. If you can see through it, forget it. If it's a good brew, it doesn't need anything to be enjoyed. Mmmmm, but I do love a good shot of espresso and a good latte.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR BAD COFFEE.

Why even go there?  I mean really. I just can't. 
Have I been known to drink a cup of average coffee to stay awake on a long drive?  Ahem...yes, yes, I have.  Did I like it?  No, no I did not.  But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  You've got to put on your big girl pants and drink that gas station coffee and drink it black and keep those eyes open and on the road.  We don't chit chat over coffee like that.  We shoot it.

Oh, but a good cup of coffee is one that you savor. You enjoy it from the very moment that you open that bag of beans.  The smell of good coffee beans seriously makes me smile and often takes me down memory lane. You laugh and talk about life in between sips. 

I kid you not.  Most all of my sweetest memories, life giving conversations, precious gatherings of friends, have taken place over a cup of coffee.

Now, I love going out for coffee as much as the next.  I love the culture of coffee houses.  I love the feel, the atmosphere, the smell, and the people I meet.  However, life and the ole' check book is not so condusive to me going out for coffee all that often.  So, we have cultivated our own little coffee culture here in our home.  And I absolutely adore it.  I get to combine three of the things that I love the most in life: good coffee, having people in my home, and good conversation.  I love to hear people's story.  I love for my children to grow up in a home that values time spent loving on people and of course.....good coffee. They must value good coffee.  ;)

So, pull out your favorite mugs and bake a little tasty treat...

 (Pumpkin muffins by Against All Grain)
 ...brew some good strong coffee...

 ...invite a friend and have a seat.


Savor every moment, every sip, of this life we've been given. 
Believe it or not, empty coffee mugs are some of the best kind...remnants of a sweet new memory, another page in your story.

Yummy Coffee additions:
*coconut oil, honey & almond milk, blended
*pure, food grade lavender oil
*pure, food grade cassia (cinnamon) oil
*pure vanilla extract







No comments:

Post a Comment